FAQs & GUIDELINES
1. WHAT IS CINEFILIPINO?
CINEFILIPINO is a film festival that aims to support and develop new cinematic, audience-friendly works of artistic merit by up-and-coming and established filmmakers to help define the human experience through a Filipino perspective. It’s a venue for different stakeholders in the industry to showcase and develop their respective talents and make the Filipinos more globally competitive.
2. WHO IS BEHIND THE CINEFILIPINO FILM Festival™ 2019?
The CineFilipino Film Festival™ 2019 is a project organized and led by Unitel Productions, Inc. in partnership with Cignal, Inc.
3. WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THE CINEFILIPINO FILM FESTIVAL™?
The festival features a competition for Feature-length films, Short Feature films, and Series.
4. ARE THERE ANY THEMATIC REQUIREMENTS AS FAR AS THE NARRATIVES ARE CONCERNED?
The projects should be narratives that delve into the Filipino identity and culture. These stories must have universal appeal.
5. WHAT ARE THE COMPETITION CATEGORIES?
There are three (3) major competition categories:
- Feature-Length Narrative Category
- Short Feature Category
- Series Category
6. HOW MANY FINALISTS WILL BE CHOSEN PER CATEGORY?
Finalists' selection is as follows:
- Feature-Length Category: EIGHT (8) Finalists
- Short Feature Category: FIFTEEN (15) Finalists
- Series Category: FIVE (5) Finalists
7. WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES?
- Feature-length Category: August 9, 2019
- Short Feature Category: August 30, 2019
- Series Category: June 15, 2019
8. WHO HOLDS/OWNS THE RIGHTS TO THE FILM?
Proponents/entrants understand and agree that when they are selected as finalists and/ or winners of the CineFilipino Film Festival™, they shall be required to enter into agreements with the CineFilipino Film Festival™ 2019 Organizing Committee for the exercise of, and the assignment of intellectual property rights and all the other rights to their film entries for uses contemplated and agreed upon by the parties. Note that the CineFilipino Film Festival Organizing Committee holds the interest of the filmmaker(s)/entrant(s) with utmost importance in the crafting of the agreements.
1. CAN I JOIN IF I AM RELATED* TO ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE CINEFILIPINO FILM Festival™ 2019 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE?
You cannot join if you are a member of the CineFilipino Film Festival™ committee or be on an exclusive contract with or be a full-Cme employee of the CineFilipino Organizing Committee - Unitel Straight Shooters Media, CignalTV, and its affiliates, or be related* to any of their employees and staff.
Note: *related includes common-law spouse, as well as in-laws, and any blood relation up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity.
2. HOW MANY ENTRIES CAN I SUBMIT PER CATEGORY?
Proponents/Entrants in the FEATURE-LENGTH CATEGORY may submit a maximum of three (3) entries.
Proponents/Entrants in the SHORT FEATURE SECTION may submit up to three (3) entries.
Proponents/Entrants in the SERIES CATEGORY may submit up to three (3) entries.
3. CAN THE WORK/PROJECT/CONTENT BE SHOWN IN OTHER LOCAL FILM FESTIVALS BEFORE CINEFILIPINO?
All works must have their premiere screening at the CineFilipino Film Festival™ 2019.
4. CAN I SUBMIT AN ENTRY/A PROJECT THAT STARTED PRODUCTION ALREADY?
Projects already in production phase by JANUARY 2019 are eligible to join.
5. IN WHAT FORMAT SHOULD THE ENTRIES BE SUBMITTED ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN COMPLETED?
All FINAL FEATURE-LENGTH CATEGORY entries/submissions must be submitted in both data file format
AND in print.
All SHORT FEATURE SECTION and SERIES CATEGORY entries/submissions must be submitted on flash drive AND data file formats.
Application forms and other documentary attachments must be submitted in print and in soft copies.
6. AM I ALLOWED TO USE REGIONAL DIALECTS FOR MY FILM, IN TERMS OF DIALOGUE?
Dialogue may be primarily in Filipino or any Philippine Dialect. Use of English, Spanish or other languages is also acceptable as appropriate to its material. However, if any dialogue in the script is written in any dialect or language other than Filipino or English, entrants MUST provide corresponding Filipino or English translation, along with the submitted script.
7. WHAT’S THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CINEFILIPINO FILM Festival™ IN THE SHARING OF AWARDS AND/OR PRIZE MONEY FOR WINNERS?
The CineFilipino Film Festival™ Organizing Committee and any of its officers, stakeholders, board, or employees, shall not be liable, legally and/or in any other manner, for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards, monetary and/or otherwise, among the members of each production group.
8. WILL WE BE REQUIRED TO DESIGNATE A REPRESENTATIVE FOR OUR FILM/ENTRY?
The CineFilipino Film Festival™ Organizing Committee and any of its officers, stakeholders, board, or employees, shall not be liable, legally and/or in any other manner, for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards, monetary and/or otherwise, among the members of each production group
9. WHAT ARE THE STIPULATIONS FOR CLEARANCES OF ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL?
It is the sole responsibility of each proponent/entrant to secure the relevant clearances of any material (e.g., music, images, audiovisual works, and the like) from the copyright owners/holders of any copyrighted material used in his/her entry. The CineFilipino Film Festival™ Organizing Committee and Unitel nor any of its board, managers, officers, or employee shall not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted material within any entry. The proponent/entrant shall likewise ensure that all the performances and contributions of each performer, contributor and participant in the film entry are cleared for all use in all media and platforms worldwide and in perpetuity. The CineFilipino Film Festival™ Organizing Committee reserves the right to disqualify any film entry with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials or for the non-submission of the complete clearances from all performers, contributors and participants in the film entry.
10. WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF SELECTION
- A Selection Committee will be formed to review all submissions/entries in all categories.
- Once done the Selection Committee then comes out with a short list for each category.
- Further reading and preview of all the submissions will be done until the finalists are determined in all the categories.
- The Selection Committees will determine the finalists for each category and then deliberate on the Best Feature-Length Film, Best Short Feature Film and Best Series.
Note: The CineFilipino Organization Committee has the right to update and revise the rules and deadlines when necessary
ANG KWENTO MO!