- Any filmmaker of Filipino citizenship or descent can enter. For Participants or Entrants of Filipino descent but non-citizens: Submit proof of Filipino lineage (may be NSO-certified birth certificate of relative establishing Filipino lineage).
- Entrants must comply with all submission requirements in a timely fashion as specified in this document.
A duly completed application form (downloaded from the website www.cinefilipino.com) inclusive of the following details:
- BRIEF SYNOPSIS (300 words max, letter-sized bond paper, 1-inch margin all around, 11 points, Calibri, not to exceed one page).
- SEQUENCE TREATMENT (letter-sized bond paper, 1-inch margin all around, 11 points, Calibri). Name(s) of Proponent(s)/Entrant(s) must NOT be written on any pages of the screenplay or any pages of the logline, the brief and detailed synopses, and the sequence treatment.
- FEATURE-LENGTH SCREENPLAY (using Courier Font, 11 points) must be submitted in one (1) hard (printed) copy with pagination and three (3) soft copies (Microsoft Word Document - .doc and/or .docx) on CD or DVD and uploaded to cinefilipino.com. The film's final running time cannot exceed 120 minutes or be shorter than 80 minutes.
- A brief resume/bio-data and two (2) recent 2X2 photos of the proponent(s)/entrant(s).
- Names of the proposed or suggested production team or crew (i.e. director, line producer, editor, director of cinematography, production manager, production designer, etc.).
- Proposed/tentative production budget.
- Proposed/tentative shooting schedule.
- You must submit samples of previous film/video work on DVD together with the other requirements, to be submitted with the completed application form. All of these must also be uploaded to cinefilipino.com.
- ALL entries must be submitted in a long brown envelope properly labeled with the proponent(s)' name(s), project title and contact details (e-mail, phone, home and/or office address).
- All these materials must be sent via certified mail or dropped off no later than 7:00 pm, on 24 MARCH 2017 at the CineFilipino Film Festival™ Office c/o Unitel Productions, Inc. – 4th Floor Salustiana D. Ty Tower, 104 Paseo de Roxas corner Perea Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229. For more info, call the CineFilipino Film Festival™ Office at 830-2291.
Reminder: THE SCREENPLAY, LOGLINE, AS WELL AS THE BRIEF AND DETAILED SYNOPSES MUST NOT BEAR THE NAME OF THE PROPONENT(S).
- An e-mail will be sent to the contact person/s about whether or not their script was selected to be a part of the festival.
- If selected, the contact person/s has/have to reply within ten (10) working days to confirm their participation, and verify their intent to produce the submitted film.
- If they do decide to continue with the film production, a contract will be sent to the contact person. *please take note that as selected eligible filmmaker, you will only be given 30 days to rescind your intent to participate. Should you be unable to continue filming, a penalty will be imposed.
- Originality of material and freshness of approach.
- An authentic reflection of Filipino culture and human experience.
Strong potential for audience engagement.
- Should be mass audience-friendly without compromising quality.
- Should be commercially viable. Has to have potential for a wide theatrical release.
ORAS NA PARA IBIDA
ANG IYONG KWENTO!