- Any filmmaker of Filipino citizenship or descent can enter. For Participants or Entrants of Filipino descent but non-citizens: Submit proof of Filipino lineage (may be NSO-certified birth certificate of relative establishing Filipino lineage).
- Entrants must comply with all submission requirements in a timely fashion as specified in this document.
A duly completed application form (downloaded from the website www.cinefilipino.com) inclusive of the following details:
- BRIEF SYNOPSIS (300 words max, letter-sized bond paper, 1-inch margin all around, 11 points, Calibri, not to exceed one page).
- SEQUENCE TREATMENT (letter-sized bond paper, 1-inch margin all around, 11 points, Calibri). Name(s) of Proponent(s)/Entrant(s) must NOT be written on any pages of the screenplay or any pages of the logline, the brief and detailed synopses, and the sequence treatment.
- FEATURE-LENGTH SCREENPLAY (using Courier Font, 11 points) must be submitted in one (1) hard (printed) copy with pagination and three (3) soft copies (Microsoft Word Document - .doc and/or .docx) on flash drive and uploaded to cinefilipino.com. The film's final running time cannot exceed 120 minutes or be shorter than 80 minutes.
- A brief resume/bio-data and two (2) recent 2X2 photos of the proponent(s)/entrant(s).
- Names of the proposed or suggested production team or crew (i.e. director, line producer, editor, director of cinematography, production manager, production designer, etc.).
- Proposed/tentative production budget.
- Proposed/tentative shooting schedule.
- You must submit samples of previous film/video work on flash drive together with the other requirements, to be submitted with the completed application form. All of these must also be uploaded to cinefilipino.com.
- ALL entries must be submitted in a long brown envelope properly labeled with the proponent(s)' name(s), project title and contact details (e-mail, phone, home and/or office address).
Reminder: THE SCREENPLAY, LOGLINE, AS WELL AS THE BRIEF AND DETAILED SYNOPSES MUST NOT BEAR THE NAME OF THE PROPONENT(S).
- All these materials must be sent via certified mail or dropped off no later than 7:00 pm, on JUNE 15, 2019 at the CineFilipino Film Festival™ Office c/o Unitel Straight Shooters Media – 4th Floor Salustiana D. Ty Tower, 104 Paseo de Roxas corner Perea Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229. For more info, call the CineFilipino Film Festival™ Office at 830-2291.
- An e-mail will be sent to the contact person/s about whether or not their script was selected to be a part of the festival.
- If selected, the contact person/s has/have to reply within ten (10) working days to confirm their participation, and verify their intent to produce the submitted film.
- If they do decide to continue with the film production, a contract will be sent to the contact person. *please take note that as selected eligible filmmaker, you will only be given 30 days to rescind your intent to participate. Should you be unable to continue filming, a penalty will be imposed.
- Originality of material and freshness of approach.
- An authentic reflection of Filipino culture and human experience.
Strong potential for audience engagement.
- Should be mass audience-friendly without compromising quality.
- Should be commercially viable. Has to have potential for a wide theatrical release.
|JUNE 15, 2019||DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES IN THE FEATURE-LENGTH CATEGORY|
|JULY 15 TO AUGUST 30, 2019||SELECTION OF TOP 20 & PITCHING|
|SEPTEMBER 1, 2019||ANNOUNCEMENT OF FINALISTS|
|SEPTEMBER 2019 TO FEBRUARY 2020||PRODUCTION|
|FEBRUARY 2020||FINAL SUBMISSION|
|MARCH TO APRIL 2020||PROGRAMMING|
|MAY 2020||THE CINEFILIPINO FILM FESTIVAL 2019|
FOR ALL FINALISTS
- CineFilipino is represented by the Festival Director and Secretariat.
- If you have been chosen, you may only upload the original file in the CineFilipino website (cinefilipino.com). This is to ensure that no reactions or shares may bebought in the spirit of fairness.
- Once your script has officially been announced as part of the finalists for CineFilipino Film Festival (CFFF) 2019, you may then share it on any social media platform or in any way you see fit. All finalists may only release their own announcements after CineFilipino has made its own. All finalists will receive an email giving them the signal to start promoting their films.
- All finalists and winners shall be asked to sign a Memorandum of Agreement between the principal and the entrant. The entrants shall be given 15 days to review the contract and revert. Once all parties have mutually agreed, any breach of contract will result in penalties, or at worst, disqualification and a suspension period from joining future CFFFs.
ORAS NA PARA IBIDA
ANG IYONG KWENTO!