- Short features is defined as a film that has a maximum running time of 20 minutes.
- Any filmmaker, 18 years old and above, of Filipino citizenship or descent can enter. For Participants or Entrants of Filipino descent but non-citizens: Submit proof of Filipino lineage. (may be NSO-certified birth certificate of relative establishing Filipino lineage). A student filmmakers must show proof of enrollment during schoolyear 2019-2020.
Entrants must comply with all submission requirements in a timely fashion as specified in this document.
- Open to all professional and non-professional short filmmakers.
- All entries must be original and HAVE NOT been submitted and/or exhibited previously in other festivals. These films should premiere in CFF via the Smart website.
- Submission Materials for Shorts Section are as follows:
- A duly completed application form (or downloaded from the website www.cinefilpino.com), inclusive of the following details:
- A logline of the SHORT FEATURE FILM (25 words max).
- Brief Synopsis (300 words max, letter-sized bond paper, 1-inch margin all around, 11 points, Calibri, not to exceed one page).
- A brief resume/bio-data and two (2) recent 2x2 photos of the proponent(s)/entrant(s).
- Cast and crew list.
- The entries in the shorts category should run from 1 minute - 20 minutes. Should the film be selected as a finalist, the short film must comply with technical specs for broadcast and digital screening.
- The completed Shorts Section entries must be submitted on a flash drive with the following data file formats (Quicktime MOV, and MP4), and uploaded to cinefilipino.com.
- All entries must be submitted in a long brown envelope properly labeled with the proponent(s)’ name(s), project title and contact details (e-mail, phone, home and/or office address).
- All these materials must be sent via certified mail or dropped off no later than 7:00 pm, on AUGUST 30, 2019 at the CineFilipino Film Festival™ Office c/o Unitel Productions, Inc. – 4th Floor Salustiana D. Ty Tower, 104 Paseo de Roxas corner Perea Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229. For more info, call the CineFilipino Film Festival™ Office at 830-2291.
- 25 Finalists shall be selected and given a prize and the TOP 5 shall receive creative and craftsmanship award and a chance to direct a Smart material.
- An e-mail will be sent to the contact person/s about whether or not their content was selected to be a part of the festival.
- If selected, the contact person/s has/have to reply within ten (10) working days whether or not they will continue in the competition.
- Originality of material and freshness of storytelling
- Theme must be awesome and feel good stories about highly-relatable themes such as heroism, love, environment, doing good etc.
- Command of film technique and language
- Good potential for audience engagement and virality
FOR ALL FINALISTS
- CineFilipino is represented by the Festival Director and Secretariat.
- If you have been chosen, you may only upload the original file in the CineFilipino website (cinefilipino.com). This is to ensure that no reactions or shares may bebought in the spirit of fairness.
- Once your script has officially been announced as part of the finalists for CineFilipino Film Festival (CFFF) 2019, you may then share it on any social media platform or in any way you see fit. All finalists may only release their own announcements after CineFilipino has made its own. All finalists will receive an email giving them the signal to start promoting their films.
- All finalists and winners shall be asked to sign a Memorandum of Agreement between the principal and the entrant. The entrants shall be given 15 days to review the contract and revert. Once all parties have mutually agreed, any breach of contract will result in penalties, or at worst, disqualification and a suspension period from joining future CFFFs.
ORAS NA PARA IBIDA
ANG IYONG KWENTO!